Des Moines Veterinary Hospital strives to provide excellent medical and surgical preventative care for your pets. We are a family-oriented, two doctor practice focusing on companion animals. In addition to dogs and cats, we also provide comprehensive care for exotic pets such as parrots, ferrets, rabbits, turtles, snakes, lizards, rats, hamsters, sugar gliders, chickens, ducks, and geese. We offer personalized service, attention, and compassion that is sometimes difficult to find in today's world of corporate veterinary care.
Dr. Onorati and Dr. Conger have practiced in South King county for over 20 years and are well established in the community. Many of our new clients come to us through word of mouth and referrals from friends and family.
We are a full-service practice offering both inpatient and outpatient services. Our medical team will work closely with you to assure your pet receives the highest quality of care.
Below is a basic list of services and procedures we offer:
- Wellness Examinations, annual checkups and vaccinations.
- Consultations for illness or medical/surgical issues.
- Complete dental care including cleaning teeth, extractions and oral surgery and preventative dental care.
- Medical care and treatment for skin problems, eye disease, ear infections, internal medicine cases and general diagnostics.
- Full service surgery including routine spays and neuters, wound repair and reconstructive surgery, all types of tumor removal, eye surgery, abdominal surgery, and orthopedic surgery.
- Endoscopy, ultrasound of the heart and abdomen and state of the art digital x-ray imaging.
- Complete laboratory services including blood work, urinalysis, and parasite testing.
- Reproductive services including breeding, perinatal, prenatal and puppy care.
- Complete in-house pharmacy for your pet's medication needs.
- We also provide boarding services for only our existing clients.